Life is so transient, and random. The other day, I was within about ten inches of being in a hospital for a year. Or worse.
My wife was pulling out of our garage driveway in her typical plodding fashion, and some Arab woman in a fast car decided she wasn't going to take it, so she passed on the right. Never mind that my wife was in the furthermost right lane and on our right was the lane for parked cars.
This cunt zipped by my passenger-side door at about 40mph; I saw the whites of her eyes as she passed, not 10 inches away.
If she had hit the car it would have been square on my door and I might never have the use of my right arm again, all in a fraction of a second because of the rash decision of one cunt in possession of a driver's license.
I insisted my wife catch up with her at the stoplight. At first she pretended we weren't there. Then she yelled "You were going 20 miles an hour!"
As if that were a crime.
A crime for which I would have paid very, very dearly.
When I tell my wife "Drive carefully" every time she goes out, I'm not just blowing smoke.
Life is just one huge bad mistake just itching to happen.
If you go about things with this in mind, perhaps bad things won't happen to you.
Or perhaps they will.
No comments:
Post a Comment